Following on from Wednesday’s live class, I’m posting the leaders’ and followers’ rock steps (rebotes) on both sides as well as several variations with crossing adornments.
- Leaders, try to achieve a smooth yet elastic rock or “rebote”
- Allow the follower to shift their weight back fully
- Maintaining a firm hand on the follower’s back helps to mark the return
- Lead a tight forward half “ochito” or mini ocho to exit the second rock step where a side step is not possible for the follower.
- Followers, keep your half ocho small and precise
- Keep square to the leader and avoid over-stepping them
- Respond to the rock step lead smoothly and with elasticity
- Don’t pull with energy in the back, feel and follow the spring in the lead